We have chosen some of our favorite songs from our dance classes for you to groove out to at home!
Music is an important part of dancing. It helps provide an atmosphere, emotions, and tempo of the movement. Slow songs cause slower movements, songs with loud drums could be great for getting out aggression, songs with a bouncy beat would be great to jump and smile to!
Another way of using music is through movement songs. Movement songs tell the dancers what to do. These songs can help with the development of motor, audio, and visual skills. Stomping like dinosaurs, tipping on your toes, and swimming like fish are just some fun examples
Here are our top 12 songs to get the dance party started at home!
- “I like to Move it Move it” – Madagascar 5 Soundtrack
- “Let it Go” – Frozen Soundtrack
- “We are the Dinosaurs” – The Laurie Berkner Band
- “The Goldfish” – The Laurie Berkner Band
- “Conga” – Line Dances
- “Under the Sea” – The Little Mermaid Soundtrack
- “Better When I’m Dancing” – Megan Trainer
- “Shake My Sillies Out” – Rafri
- “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
- “Moving Like Animals” – Music for Moving
- “Tippy Toes” – Music for Moving
- “Hop Little Bunnies” – The Tiny Boppers
Using music is not only fun, but it allows you and your child to learn about the beat and rhythm. As you listen to the music, try tapping out the beats using a prop or even just clapping. Once they get it down, add it into the dancing! These songs are a blast, a great way to begin the dance party and perfect for getting everyone involved!